Gentlemen, for summer weddings, races, garden fetes, or just for standing out around town, exchange that black or grey suit for one in blue.
Blues work well for casual wear as well as more formal occasions and with more than 50 shades there is a blue to suit every man.
Cliché or classic, blue is the hue for the spring/summer menswear at Brown Thomas.
(1) This slim cut suit is seriously sharp. Suit, by Canali, €1,165 (pictured below, left)
(2) This iridescent sky-blue jacket in silk is for the dandiest of chaps. Shantung silk jacket, by Dolce & Gabbana, €1,850 (pictured above, right)
(3) Dressed up denim is unexpected. Suit in blue denim, by Valentino, €1,565
(4) Not in the market for a new suit? What about a bright new tie? Tie, by Tom Ford, €160.
(5) If you don’t wear suits too often then inject some blue with a pair of soft trousers like these ones from Marc Jacobs. Wear at home and pack for holidays. Trousers, by Marc Jacobs, €260.
(6) A sports jacket is essential for spring showers and changeable temperatures. Jacket, by Armani Jeans, €295.
(7) Every man needs a good pair of blue suede shoes – think cobalt blues rather than lighter shades which will stand the test of time better in our climate. Wear with tailored shorts or cuffed jeans for that European look. Driver shoes in blue suede, by Tods, €330.
88-95, Grafton Sreet
Tel: 01 605 6666